Winnipeg Architecture Foundation

Windsor Park Tour

Windsor Park was the first master-planned community in Winnipeg, the largest housing development of its kind in Western Canada, and the second largest in the country. in the mid-1950s. A master plan created by Green Blankstein Russell and Associates (GBR) of Winnipeg called for 3,041 homes of all types, including duplexes and apartments, creating accommodation for 13,000 to 15,000 people. Irvine B. Margolese and Co. Ltd., was responsible for the development of nearly 1,500 of these homes.

Tour Stops

Windsor Park United Church

1062 Autumnwood Drive ↑

Windsor Park Shopping Centre

664 Elizabeth Road South ↑

Windsor Park Library

1195 Archibald Street ↑

Windsor Park Collegiate

1015 Cottonwood Road ↑

William Russell School/Louis Riel School Division Resource Centre

50 Monterey Road ↑

St. Bernadette Parish

820 Cottonwood Road ↑

St. Bartholomew Anglican Church

881 Autumnwood Drive ↑

Prendergast Centre Association Incorporated

906 Cottonwood Road ↑

No. 4 Fire Station

1083 Autumnwood Drive ↑

Louis Riel Arts and Technology Centre

5 De Bourmont Avenue ↑

Frontenac School

866 Autumwood Drive ↑

École Lacerte, Division Scolaire Franco-Manitobaine

1101 Autumnwood Road ↑

École Howden

150 Howden Road ↑

Church of the Canadian Holy Martyrs

289 Dussault Avenue ↑

2 Covent Road

2 Covent Road ↑

24-Hour House

3 Cherry Crescent ↑

29 Buttonwood Bay

27 Buttonwood Bay ↑

39 Duluth Bay

39 Duluth Bay ↑

47 Duluth Bay

47 Duluth Bay ↑

6 Cherry Crescent

6 Cherry Crescent ↑

67 Duluth Bay

67 Duluth Bay ↑

82-84 Canberra Road

82-84 Canberra Road ↑

955 Cottonwood Road

955 Cottonwood Road ↑

Cornerstone Alliance Church

1100 Autumnwood Drive ↑

Prince of Peace Lutheran Church

930 Winakwa Road ↑

Winakwa Community Centre

980 Winakwa Road ↑