|Address:||130 Nassau Street North|
Woodman and Carey,
St. Luke's Anglican Church, an example of Late Gothic Revival design, was developed in stages over a 10-year period under different architects: C.S. Bridgman (1904-05, 1909-10) and Woodman and Carey (1913-14). The unified building is a solid, horizontal structure in the manner of English parish churches. There is an expressive use of materials in the church's fine stonework and elements such as oversized buttresses. The church features a tower, broad pointed windows, Gothic detailing and a large parish hall. The interior includes a wooden rood screen designed by architect C.W.U. Chivers and stained-glass windows by Robert McCausland Ltd., of Toronto and Morris and Co. of England. St. Luke's is one of four pre-1914 churches on Nassau Street, serving Fort Rouge and Crescentwood neighbourhoods.