Lloyd Finch graduated with a bachelor’s degree in architecture from the University of Manitoba in 1926. Finch worked in Chicago from 1926 until 1932 and registered with Manitoba Association of Architects (MAA) in 1936. Finch served as an officer in Royal Canadian Air Force during the Second World War. His firm’s office was located in the Pheonix Building, which is located at the corner of Princess and Donald Streets and Notre Dame Avenue. Finch’s firm continued operation under the directorship of his son, Cal Finch.