|Address:||813 26th Street, Brandon|
|Firms:||Smith Carter Katelnikoff,|
Ward and Macdonald,addition
Designed by architect Ian Brown for his firm Smith, Carter Katelnikoff, the 12-room J R Reid school opened in September 1959. It was named for long-time school trustee J R Reid. The west end school was quickly at capacity and by 1963, additional space was needed.
In 1963,Ward and Macdonald Architects designed a six-room masonry addition to the school.