|Address:||540 18th Street,Brandon|
Smith Carter and Partners
Earl Oxford School, constructed in 1928, was named after Herbert Henry
Asquith, the Earl of Oxford and Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1908
to 1916. Designed in the Tudor style by local architect W.H. Shillinglaw, the design features detailed brickwork, segmental windows with decorative voussoirs, and a recessed entrance with a moulded Tudor arch. Other decorative elements include brick pilasters and moulded parapets.
In 1957, Smith Carter designed an addition for the school which included 10 classrooms, 2 laboratories and an auditorium-gymnasium. Unfortunately some of the windows have been covered over so the transparent look of the builing jas been lst.