|Formerly:||Gospel Light Mission,|
Brandon Mennonite Brethren Church,
Full Gospel Church
|Address:||1203 4th St, Brandon|
Bible Baptist Church was constructed in 1957 for the Gospel Light Mission. Other occupants have included the Brandon Mennonite Brethren Church and the Full Gospel Church. Bible Baptist Church has held services here since 1996.
The church features an asymmetrical design consisting of a taller section housing the sanctuary, and a lower extension along the building’s north side for the entry and circulation. The steeper pitched roof over the sanctuary flattens somewhat over the extension and creates a 1/3 - 2/3 proportion. The church’s front (west) wall faces 4th Street.
The church is finished with tan coloured brick on the most-visible west and north walls, off-white stucco on the east and south walls, and brown shingles. The entry is raised above sidewalk level, with a gable-roofed porch and windows at the sides and above the two double doors.
The building’s asymmetrical design is found in a number of features - the main entrance in the end wall of extension facing 4th Street, the window in the sanctuary’s west end wall offset to the right (south) of the roof peak, and the large bank of windows on the north wall, providing light to main and basement levels, contrasted with six narrow vertical window on the church’s south side. A small projection on the east wall, flanked by two narrow windows, provides space and light at the altar.