Winnipeg Architecture Foundation

Places

Buildings

Calvin United Church

Formerly:Calvin Presbyterian Church
Address:95 Keewatin Street
Use:Place of worship
Constructed:1909, 1955
Other Work:1964, Renovations (following fire)
Architects:D. A. Ross

Design Characteristics

Suburb:Weston
  • Building substantially rebuilt in 1964 following fire
  • Light oak interior furnishings
  • Carvings on the altar, pulpit, baptismal font and choir loft done by parishioners

Sources

  • Neil Bingham, A Study of the Church Buildings in Manitoba of the Congregational, Methodist, Presbyterian and United Churches of Canada.(Manitoba Culture, Heritage and Recreation, Historic Resources, 1987).
  • Calvin Presbyterian Church: 75th Anniversary, 1983.

Locations of Supporting Information

  • Archival fonds transferred to United Church Archive (University of Winnipeg), in 1970.