First Mennonite Church
|Address:||922 Notre Dame Avenue|
|Use:||Place of worship|
|Architects:||Heinrich J. Willms|
|Contractors:||George Martens (1950)|
- 1947, Construction begins
- 1950, Construction complete
- 1948, Sod turning ceremony
- 1949-1950, First building occupied
- 1951, Church dedicated
- 1957, Fire in church
- 1958, Sunday School Addition
- 1983, Multi Purpose Addition
- J.J. Klassen, Chairman of the building committee
- Church seating capacity, 900
- Reinforced concrete foundation, steel truss roof, load bearing masonry walls
- First Mennonite Church. "Jubilate: 60 Years First Mennonite Church". Winnipeg: Friesen Printers, 1991.
- Lillian Gibbons. "House of God First Concern." Winnipeg Free Press, January 26, 1957.
Locations of Supporting Information
- Mennonite Church of Canada, Mennonite Heritage Centre Archives, 600 Shaftesbury Blvd.