Winnipeg Architecture Foundation

Places

Buildings

Collicutt School

Address:75 Cottingham Street
Use:Education
Original Use:Education
Constructed:1958
Other Work:Addition including a gymnasium (1976)
Architects:Kurnarsky and Weinberg, Architects
Macdonald Cockburn McLeod McFeetors (1976)
Firms:Kurnarsky and Weinberg, Architects
Macdonald Cockburn McLeod McFeetors (1976)

Design Characteristics

Suburb:Garden City, Seven Oaks East
  • Collicutt elementary school shares space with its 131 students and Little Dipper Montessori pre-school
  • It is a small school, just ten classrooms upon its completion in 1958 in a one-storey double-loaded corridor plan with the administration offices offset by the front entrance off Cottingham St.; this section forms the main body of the school as it is today but its windows have been altered considerably.
  •  
  • What has not changed so much is the shape of the original entrance, recessed slightly into the dark red brick and flanked by a multi-light window; the school has recently received a new set of doors; a gym wing was added in 1976 and a new library installed in the older section