|Address:||700 Jefferson Avenue|
700 Jefferson Avenue operates as a 400-seat Orthodox synagogue, the Chevra Mishnayes Synagogue, and was constructed in the mid-1960s. The synagogue, previously housed in an older building south of its current location, was first founded in 1908. The synagogue’s present exterior is defined by its lively saw-tooth roof, which adds interest to an otherwise sedate modernist design. Original plans for the building described its design as "traditional in orientation" but "modern in its approach." A sod-turning ceremony for the building’s construction was held on 12 May 1963, attended by West Kildonan Mayor C. N. Kushner, Montague Israeli, Rabbi Erwin E. Witty, Rabbi Dr. Myer Schwatzman, J. Steinberg. In 1971, the members of another old north end congregation, Oel Jacob, closed their doors and merged with the Chevra Mishnayes. The synagogue contains a stained glass work by Winnipeg glass artist Judy Jennings.