|Address:||661 Main Street|
Built in 1912, this was the first electrically heated commercial building in Winnipeg. Father and son Alexander and Arthur Calder operated a steamship and railway ticket, employment, insurance, and real estate agency from the site until the 1950s. The building was renamed the Kaplan Block in the 1940s when dry good and manufacturing businesses with the Kaplan name became occupants. The two-storey solid brick building has a part stone and part concrete foundation. The brick facade has stone trim and a corbelled brick cornice.