Winnipeg Architecture Foundation

Places

Buildings

St. Andrew Bobola Roman Catholic Church

Address:541 Marion Street
Use:Place of worship
Original Use:Place of worship
Constructed:1953
Other Work:1960, Renovations
1971, Renovations
Architects:Northwood Chivers and Casey
Firms:Northwood Chivers and Casey

Significant Dates

  • 1952-1953, Construction of sanctuary
  • November 8 1953, Blessing of Cornerstone
  • 1960, Renovations (including repair to a leaking roof, interior redecoration, painting of lower hall)
  • 1971, Renovations (old tiles replaced with terrazzo flooring)

Design Characteristics

Suburb:Dufresne
  • Congregation formed in 1953, due to influx of Polish immigrants following WW2
  • Glulam beams, wood frame construction
  • Brick Exterior
  • Concrete Slab on Grade

Sources

  • Parish History. Saint Andrew Bobola Church, 1953-2003. Printed 2003.