|Address:||505 Grey Street|
|Other Work:||Large addition in 1956|
|Architects:||Smith Carter Katelnikoff|
|Firms:||Smith Carter Katelnikoff|
|Contractors:||Arlington Builders Ltd.|
Sherwood School is an elementary school that offers an intact Smith Carter design from 1956, spread wide across the front street. Set perpendicular to its earlier section, a second similar wing at the rear (east side) by the same architects was added in 1965. While there have been some alterations, the school has maintained its essential period look.
A gym and six classrooms were added to the original stripped down basics of approximately 10 classrooms in 1965. Both wings are finished with a medium brown brick, the much-larger windows now partially filled and a dark brown cornice band added to the top of the walls. The 1956 portion of the school is similar to Neil Campbell School.