Winnipeg Architecture Foundation

Places

Buildings

Iglesia ni Christo

Formerly:Church of Christ
Bethany Baptist Church
Address:485 Ingersoll Street
Use:Place of worship
Constructed:1949
Architects:Ward MacDonald and Associates
Firms:Ward MacDonald and Associates
Contractors:Rebiffe

Significant Dates

  • 1947, Property purchased
  • 1950, Hall purchased

Design Characteristics

Suburb:Saint Matthews
  • Sloped roof above primary entrance constructed of standing seam copper--it has since been painted a light, flat green colour.
  • Walnut pews (manufactured in Dundas, Ontario)
  • North and south walls of Tyndall stone, upper portion finished in beige stucco
  • Adjacent hall (on south section of site) is 40' x 60' and was constructed for $35,000
  • Church constructed for the Bethany Baptist congregation
  • Coloured glazing (red, oranges and yellows) on north wall