|Address:||354 Broadway Avenue|
|Tours:||Part of the QR Code Tour|
Operating since 1948, the original owners Hanford and Drewitt established the menswear store to introduce luxury men’s clothing and on-site tailoring to Winnipeg. In 1970, the business commissioned Ron Keenberg of IKOY Architects to design a new structure for the retail store on bustling Broadway. Winner of a 1982 Premier’s Design Award, the modest Hanford Drewitt store was a compact yet elegant addition to the street.
It is clad with dark grey slate emphasizing its simple volume. The sole show window is set flush with the tiles, in keeping with the the building's understated quality.