|Address:||350 Lodge Avenue|
|Other Work:||Double gym and shops wing in 1959|
Multi-purpose/library south wing in 1965
|Architects:||Smith Carter Katelnikoff|
|Firms:||Smith Carter Katelnikoff|
Silver Heights, opened in 1957 and named for the nearby homestead of Premier John Norquay, was the second high school built in the St. James School Division after St. James Collegiate in 1950. When it closed in 2007, part of its name was folded into the former Sturgeon Creek High School to become Sturgeon Heights. It resembles another Smith Carter Katelnikoff senior high school of the same period, Deer Lodge, which had an aesthetically superior location but is also now closed.
At its peak in 1968, there were 1,074 students at Silver Heights. It began as an elementary school and grew as its student body did, with the first Grade 12 class introduced in 1960 and the younger grades phased out by 1959. Since its closure, the building has been demolished.
|Suburb:||Silver Heights, St. James|