A fire in January of 1970 damaged the previous church (purchased from the Wesley Methodist Church in 1931) and prompted the congregation to move to the current location and build a new place of worship.
June 1971, Sod Turning Ceremony
Jim Worobec. "Choir Sings as Flames Gut Church." Winnipeg Free Press, February 9, 1970.
Staff Writer. "Church Finds New Site." Winnipeg Free Press, March 4, 1971.
Staff Writer. "Zion Apostolic Builds Church on Machray Avenue." Winnipeg Free Press, June 12, 1971.