|Address:||30 Argyle Street|
|Other Work:||Large addition much later after original construction date|
|Architects:||Winnipeg School Division, In-house|
|Contractors:||Wallace and Aikins, Ltd.|
Argyle School honours Sir John Douglas Sutherland Campbell, Duke of Argyle, Marquis of Lorn and Governor-General of Canada
This is a small school tucked into a triangular site by the northbound ramp of the Disraeli Freeway.
First built in 1881, it was then replaced in 1895 and again in 1951; in deference to the 'cottage-type' construction and design of the previous Argyle School, a modern design with some traditional elements was used here.
|Suburb:||South Point Douglas|