|Address:||286 Linwood Street|
|Other Work:||Major additions in 1954 and 1961|
|Architects:||Alexander Melville 1913|
Additions by Smith Carter Searle
|Firms:||Smith Carter Searle|
Linwood is a beautiful old, well-kept elementary school. The first addition was added in 1954, followed by a gym section to the rear in 1961. No attempt was made to match the styles of the two sections so the smaller modern design was kept completely separate with a low link, making it almost a free-standing entity.
Faced with a mid-brown brick unmatched to the red brick of the old school, the 1950s addition is wood frame construction of modest proportions with a flat roof. It has retained most of the school's original features, including the front entrance detail and its original windows. This portion of the complex appears only to contain a daycare currently while the elementary students can now be contained in the original Linwood School.
|Suburb:||Deer Lodge, St. James|