Winnipeg Architecture Foundation

Places

Buildings

274 Osborne Street

Formerly:Dominion Business College,
Abbott Clinic
Address:274 Osborne Street
Constructed:1927
Architects:J.H.G. Russell
Contractors:W.A. Cameron

More Information

This is the former location of the Dominion Business College, a school administered by Winnipeg accountant and businessman David Cooper.The main floor was used for classroom and meeting space and the two upper floors, known as the Mall Plaza Apartments. There were 22 apartment suites, all of which were uniquely designed.

From 1950 to 2006, the building was home to the Abbott Clinic, operated by a group of doctors.

Design Characteristics

  •  

Links & Related Buildings

  • http://www.mhs.mb.ca/docs/sites/dominionbusinesscollege.shtml,
  • http://winnipegdowntownplaces.blogspot.com/2012/01/464-st-mary-mall-plaza-abbott-clinic.html