Winnipeg Architecture Foundation

Places

Buildings

J. H. Bruns Collegiate

Address:250 Lakewood Boulevard
Use:Educational
Original Use:Educational
Constructed:1972-73
Other Work:Addition in 1976
Architects:Moody, Moore, Duncan, Rattray, Peters, Searle, Christie
Green Blankstein Russell (1976)

More Information

J. H. Bruns Collegiate, with a student population of 1150, was named for Brother Joseph Bruns S. M., 36 years an educator in St. Boniface, with 12 of them as Superintendent of the St. Boniface School Division.

Design Characteristics

Suburb:Southdale
  • Presenting a unified whole in its design, the school is two-storeys high except where it dips at its front entrance block, and is faced in broad bands of smooth yellow stucco divided in three with brown strips of colour on a raised grey concrete foundation; the administration wing across the south side of the front is slightly differentiated with brick over the base
  • The large yard is shared with Southdale Community Club and arena