|Address:||225 Garry Street|
|Original Use:||Office Building|
|Constructed:||1944-1945; 1953; 1961; 1978|
|Other Work:||1944, One storey store constructed|
1953, One storey addition to warehouse constructed
1961, Second floor of warehouse constructed
1978, Two storey addition constructed
|Architects:||George G. Teeter (1948)|
F. F. LeMaistre (1953)
Green Blankstein Russell (1961)
Craven Steinfeld Architects (1978)
|Engineers:||Stellar Consulting Services, Ltd. (Structural)|
Mechanical Consultants Western Ltd. (HVAC and Plumbing)
MB Consultants Electrical Engineers
|Contractors:||Co-operative Housing Association of Manitoba Ltd. (1978)|
Originally designed in 1944 by George G. Teeter, 225 Garry Street today is the product of the work of many local architects and architectural firms. These include, F. F. LeMaistre in 1953, Green Blankstein Russell and Associates in 1961 and finally Craven Steinfeld Architects in 1978.
225 Garry Street was originally constructed for use as a warehouse, with office space, for United Refrigerator Pars Company Ltd.; the building was later used by Ben Moss Jewelers as a retail location and is now currently owned by the Lount Corporation.
The main entrance to the building is located at the Northwest corner. It's accessed through a glass vestibule which sits atop of a small red and black brick podium. Through rough exterior of the building gives the structure a textured facade.