|Original Use:||Post Office|
Located on one of St. Boniface’s major thoroughfares, the St. Boniface Post Office building provides retail and mail services to the area.
Constructed in 1907, the two-storey brick building was designed by David Ewart, chief architect for the Department of Public Works in Ottawa. Ewart was responsible for hundreds of buildings across the country. Many of the post offices were based on a few standard plans that he developed.
In 2014, JRWagner Architect Inc., was awarded a City of Winnipeg Access Award for the design of an accessible entrance.