Winnipeg Architecture Foundation

Places

Buildings

St. Mark's Anglican Church Hall

Address:19 St. Marks Place
Use:Place of worship; day care
Original Use:Place of worship
Constructed:1958
Architects:Unknown

Significant Dates

  • 1914, Church begins as Mission
  • 1917, First church completed (voluntary labour)
  • 1926, Established as Parish
  • 1927, First Parish Hall constructed
  • 1958, Sod Turning

Design Characteristics

Suburb:Elm Park
  • Cost of construction: $80,000
  • Dimensions: approx. 73' x 40'
  • Slab on grade
  • Red Brick exterior
  • Connects to rear of 1927 church on west portion of site
  • Entrances on both north and south elevation
  • Flat roof
  • Low horizontal lines of building emphasized by transom glazing and awnings

Sources

  • Church Editor. New Parish Hall for Growing Church. Winnipeg Free Press, July 12, 1958.