|Address:||188 St. Mary's Road|
|Other Work:||1959, Addition|
1987, Restoration following a fire in the school
|Architects:||Smith Carter Katelnikoff|
|Firms:||Smith Carter Katelnikoff|
An earlier school was located here and named the Norwood Collegiate Institute. It was demolished when this building was completed.
Named for a local educator and administrator, 'Nelson Mac' offers grades 9 to 12 for 350 to 400 students, many of whom are international students or young dancers with the Royal Winnipeg Ballet school; the formal opening was 16 November 1956.