Summer 1949, Church extension council purchased land at the corner of Magnus and Railway. A temporary building was placed on the site for use.
1964, Church dedicated.
2005, Church closed following de-consecration on June 25th.
Steeply pitched A-frame with pronounced entry
Side walls project past primary entrance and serve as a transitional space between the large open lot and the enclosed, dimly-lit narthex
Buff brick veneer
Generous irregularily shaped lot, void of landscaping and secondary buildings
Reinforced concrete foundation
Neil Bingham. A Study of the Church Buildings in Manitoba of the Congregational, Methodist, Presbyterian and United Churches of Canada. (Manitoba Culture, Heritage and Recreation, Historic Resources, 1987) 266.
Winnipeg: Shaughnessy file, United Church Archive.
Shaughnessy United Church: Dedication Service, April 19, 1964.
Locations of Supporting Information
Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario, United Church of Canada Archives, University of Winnipeg