Winnipeg Architecture Foundation

Places

Buildings

St. Mark Coptic Orthodox Church

Formerly:Hope Lutheran Church of Fort Garry
Address:1400 Pembina Highway
Use:Place of worship
Constructed:1958
Architects:Dwight Rupert Johnston

Design Characteristics

Suburb:Crescent Park, Fort Garry
  • Modest A-frame structure with single storey narthex on south side
  • Addition of signage, murals and garage (on south east portion of site) not original to the building
  • Slab on grade foundation
  • Buttressed A-frame (glulam beams)