|Address:||1011 Pembina Highway|
|Architects:||Green Blankstein Russell|
|Firms:||Green Blankstein Russell|
|Contractors:||Peter Leith Construction Ltd.|
Construction on the Pembina Hotel began in January 1953. The two-storey, twenty-room structure was designed by local architecture firm Green Blankstein Russell and built by Peter Leith Construction Ltd. Owned by the Pembina Hotel Company, the hotel was advertised as having “ultra modern” furnishings and decorations, as well as having “the finest” coffee shop in south Winnipeg.
The building is of brick and reinforced concrete construction and was designed to allow for future expansions. It opened on October 19, 1953.