Winnipeg Architecture Foundation

Places

Buildings

739 Henderson Highway

Formerly:Imperial Bank of Canada
Address:739 Henderson Highway
Constructed:1950
Architects:Northwood and Chivers

More Information

This building has been substantially altered from its original design, re-clad in blocks of Tyndall stone as opposed to the initial brick. The structure is one of a number of modernists banks completed by the established firm of Northwood and Chivers in the early post-war years across Winnipeg.

Design Characteristics

  • Indented Henderson Highway facade
  • Tyndall stone cladding