Winnipeg Architecture Foundation

Places

Buildings

Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd

Address:401 Kildare Avenue West
Use:Place of worship
Original Use:Place of worship
Constructed:1957
Architects:Blankstein and Company
Firms:Blankstein and Company
Contractors:Fort Garry Construction Company

Significant Dates

  • 1912, Church of the Good Shepherd built in Transcona
  • 1929, First church destroyed by fire
  • 1956, Services held at Maple Leaf Community Centre
  • April 1959, Dedication of edifice

Design Characteristics

Suburb:Radisson, Transcona
  • Cost of Construction: $84,000
  • Financed by Church Extension Board of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
  • Church membership at time of construction 140
  • Edifice, approx 40' x 20'

Sources

  • Church Editor. "Church Burned in '29 Now Replaced." Winnipeg Free Press, April 11, 1959.