|Address:||1360 Redwood Avenue|
|Other Work:||Additions including 1958, 1961, 1964 and 1992|
|Architects:||Winnipeg School Division, In-house|
|Contractors:||1957 and 1958, Arlington Brothers |
1964, Imperial Construction
When the new Sisler opened in 1957, it reflected all the post-war developments in the instructing of high school students and so had all the science labs, resource centres and shops facilities that we take for granted but were still developmental then. Future additions express both a booming demographic imperative and the need for specialized space such as computer labs and technical programs.
Sisler is one of the biggest schools in the city; it forms a loose quadrangle with two open strips as lightwells for the many wings; its name celebrates W. J. Sisler (1871-1956), a Winnipeg educator and administration whose work with immigrant populations was renowned.